Saturday, April 7, 2018

~Symmetry 2~

it seems
like yesterday
caught up
in the twirl
and whirl
of passing days

help me
to see
clearer something
that stayed
familiar trees
that stood
the sides
reflected never
too late

I don't
want you
to leave
give me
a word
you can
keep no
shelter
no ground

lost in
sunlight, in
twilight on
a wave
of euphoria
my eyes
are telescopes

time slowly
winds down
the suitcase of
memories lost
in silence
longing for
a place
to stay
wondering
streetlight strangers

there's something
different in
the way
you smile
behind the
sparkle you
hide

like electricity
don't you
hear me
calling you
home shoots
up trough
stormy sky

traffic is
stuck you're
not going
anywhere but
the sky
isn't falling
so at
least that's
something

memories strong
enough to
creep on
on
drive me
wild

moments of
dissaray pocketful
of coins
lighthouses aren't
meant to
draw attention
to themselves
they're meant
to shine

jade fields
turn gold
free falling
voices like
icicles, crused flowers
hard candies
sweaters left
my secrets
for safe keeing

the match
got struck
once but
it got struck
twice by
you I'll
pick it
up someday

my worlds not
gone just
misplaced thinking
of you
from time
to time

clouds rolling
high in
the sapphire
sky cracks
start to
appear on
the surface of
what I
thought was
real

I like
symmetry
comfy blankets in
the cold
 I need
a star
to follow
I could
really use
a melody
so many roads
to chose
from
I'll bw  your shelter
every other
memory

were bound
to outrun
what tails us

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment