Thursday, March 22, 2018

~Stars~

lines blurr
so easily but
good thing's
come time
keeps going
the clock
keeps ticking
down rusty
cogs keep
turning

promised change
leaves me
spinning unresolved
in the
faint lint
of evening

it takes
an ocean
of trust
there is
still innocence
in subsiding
pain

I remember
meeting you
standing with
feeble hands
grasp
rise and
fall
with the
rest of us

trying to
get closer
to what we
think love
should be

soft with
the night
finally finding
the courage
to let go

I like
to think
what lies
beyond you
only live
once so
drink the
offered honey
I learn
my lessons
from the
birds time

only
adds to
the flame
 but it's
hard to
face that
that open
space that
take it's toll

go where
it's warm
gravitate to
the willing
and go
from there

I'll walk
the same
through the
flowers another
tin angel
swaying lazily
through doors
 like days
burn hours

don't let
anything steal
your smile
away even
though it
takes so
much to
be brave

only when
the sky
is the
darkest is
when you
can see
the stars 

you know
it takes a long time

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment