Wednesday, July 27, 2016

~Drifting~


I’ve been missing
you lately
my
wheels
have been turning
backward


I don’t know where to look
I’m drifting


I feel like a stranger
In this unfamiliar place


all my shoes want to be worn
They feel brand  new
But they don’t shine
Like they used to
And it turns out
They’re mismatched
But they still shine
In my eyes


Everything
Is not  fresh
And crystalline
anymore


Like a lonely string of lights
That burn just long enough to see


Don’t be scared
Keep on climbing
even though
the ground shakes
To find your way down


My heart
Will always be yours
Even when I feel misplaced


These nights never seem to go to plan
You think you know
what you’re looking for
until it finds you
It’s never
Easy to
leave

My loneliness
Rattles
the windows
I don’t remember
why I was crying


Wasted tears
Of no consequence


We were coming alive
Lighters in the dark
But it turned out
We were short a spark


Your smile will shine

in my solitude of stars

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment