Sunday, May 29, 2016

~Nostalgia~


“We are all prisoners here of our own device”-Hotel California
all the paths
that lead to you are winding
and chaotic
misty
nostalgia

maybe you’re gonna be the one that saves me
but then again,
probably not
you can’t stand to stand near me
when my face is a little dirty
the strange
birds
make gurgling noises
against the
fading grass

night  after
night
I watch
the rolling clouds
misty arcs
of blue cold
keep fading
into forever

fate
weaves
itself
into
itself
seams
on top
of seams

we all have scars
some of us
wear them
with pride
keep on
even though
the road
took an unexpected turn

you said don't think about the consequences
but baby eventually we have to

join me for the now for the ebb
and flow
I don't know quite where to go
but right now that's in my dreams

something new
is always
set in motion
the mortal coil

unfurls
in the
blue
sighing

silence

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment