Sunday, December 16, 2018

~Scattered~


ticking clocks
slamming doors
I'm tired
of trying
to fit
somewhere where
I don't
belong this
problem is
too heavy
for me
to push

clutching at
these scattered dreams
trying to
hold onto
the laughter
am I
really done
cringing at
what might
be said?

double-edged words
veiled threats
that darken
cluttered hallways

letting go
of something before
it breaks
or before
it breaks
you
is one
of the
hardest thing's
to do

great word
bittersweet
sad it's gone
but now no
worries about
being attacked
your words
were always
the sharpest

you said
you liked
me better
when I
was fat

now the
mirror is
broken
my reflection
belongs to
me

no one
is perfect
were all
cracked but
it's the
cracks that
let the
light through

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment