Friday, December 28, 2018

~Executioner~


crying when
there's nobody
around in
quiet moments
that still
are mine

I just
can't shake
the time
we met
alone you
telling me
the executioners
face is always
well-hidden
after all,
you taught
me to
hate and 
love

sides of
a confused
coin dark
necessities the
darkness help
me to
figure out
where the
shine can be

what was
supposed to
be dropped
too fast
fraying of
a picture
that couldn't
last

smiles like
sunshine and
secrets I
miss that
I miss
the light

there is
a sick
feeling in
my stomach
when I'm
supposed to
grieve when
the time
is expected
to be sweet

not knowing
what to
feel I'll
meet the
day the
day blind
as long
as I'm
with you
it should
be better

 maybe if
I fool myself
it will
get better

a  bittersweet
restless dream
that can
split the
night

~Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment