Friday, February 17, 2017

Afterglow



Lazy swaying
Colors
Layer
The night

Soft
And shivering
With thing’s
Unspoken

I've always loved
it here
the way the light
Dances
across the wall
afterglow
On honeyed
Wood

Don’t forget
to smell
Coffee
Again

Feel
The trembling
Petals
Of
The magnolia
Tree
I pass
Everyday

Curved
White
Pink
And
Swaying
Heavy
And heady

Lost
Voice
So long
a drop
of dew
that embraces a blade of grass
I will never give up
My evening rose

Look past
the rubble
that
tries to
define me

shiny
and surreal
this is our virtue
look into
your heart
Don’t
Hesitate

we'll start
the spark
the fire
climbs high
and hot

but I'll hold
onto
the light
that we have made
the truth
we cling to
The person
Who has fallen
Is me

We all have
This one life to live

A fleeting shadow
Soft
And seething

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment