Thursday, November 10, 2016

~bare~


sunshine
slowly cooling
I’m awake
but I feel like
I’m deep sleep
dreaming

I want to hold
onto
something real

this
Is me
with
my bare tree
exposed
my leaves
shaken off
along the way

really
see
The colors
hidden underneath
burning the
ground

the roots
need air
they curl
and unfurl
stay on
The moonlit side

your
not
there
but you are

excited
nervous
attention slides
over my
surface
too
many alone
busy people
around me

I’d rather light a candle
than curse the darkness
slow down, find the gap
the loveliness
of an ordinary moment
In the moment I’ll be with you
but it will be a different kind
the disease of the mind
is to set mind against mind


I break from the crowd
don’t tell me
I’m out of touch
with  your rampant chaos
your reality

treading
a line
it's just
discord
and rhyme
drinking
juices
and wine
you can’t
fight

the night

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment