Sunday, March 27, 2016

~French Illusions~

577055.jpeg (898×644)
I was chasing an illusion
I realized
That morning
When I got away
From my life


I found
A quiet
Corner
I was staring at a painting
Of dappled leaves
and a brick tower bridge
With a circled clock
White
Like a statue silhouette
On the back bridge
With still and sparkling water


I could feel the sunlight
warm wind
On my face
Probably smelling of clovers
And lavender
Heavy and hanging
In the air


Peaceful strawberry danish
and two large coffees
I closed my eyes
And I was there
Delicate
Icy snow
Jasmine


Makes me feel
Again
A deary world
Is made beautiful
Again


Far away
From
The city lights
Bells
Like warming
strangers


Hints of violets
Like a haunting
Refrain


Saying everything
Without
A sound
What
Are we
Waiting on?


You make me
Believe
In smiles
In the person
That I am
today


I was thinking
Of how many turns
We have to take
To get home
And wouldn’t it
Be easier
If we went straight
Above the trees
Every new beginning
Comes from
Some other
Beginning’s end


As the Dutch say,
Were not made

Of sugar

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment