Saturday, November 7, 2015

~Rain~

it was raining
that night
it was as though
it was lit
through a mirror
falling away
to a black ocean
a bell
lonely
and beautiful
there’s no such thing
as time

the sleepy black stars
fell from its course
into purple
curls of smoke
it’s so feathery

I met you
all at once
and unexpected

yes I am a dreamer
and these feathers won’t stay
for long

I will try to hold you
with my heart wrapped around yours
the sweetness
won’t break
it will stay soft

butthere’s
no guarantee for such a dream
as this
so fragile
and crystalline
be careful
not to fray
the edge’s

catch me when I stumble
I can’t do this alone
I can’t depend
on shadows
and false caress
of breath

every glass is half full
dancing in the stars
the nights are our’s
crying drunk tears
together
wanting to hold on tight

a candle
you don’t want to miss
take your time
with me
on this

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment