Wednesday, August 22, 2018

~Reality~


your dark
but warm love
a coffee stain
spiraling down
leaving their mark
on my pale arm

turning caramel brown
a moment
not forgotten
leaning into
your truth
and I
can't help
but smile

your ruby lips
hanging on
a glass
all we
of iced tea

today is
gonna be
the day
time is
all we
really needed

you're an
irresistible force
as sweet
as summer
so sweet
you made
my teeth hurt

I like
how the
water misbehaved
when it started raining
hours disappear
into more hours

now we
have a cup
of rain
every light
leaves a memory
a mark
a metaphor
in blue

keep my
heartbeat quiet
everyone needs
a hot chocolate friend
to lean on
when thing
get tough

overcoming fear
is the quickest
way to
confidence

so we
can start
again

take it
from my heart
and put
it in your hand

let's get
out of here
I don't
want to
share you
you with
the riffraff
don't be
in denial
of reality

Sarah Mahina Calvello

No comments:

Post a Comment