Friday, December 11, 2015

~Mismatched~

look, the sky's awake
the brightest
vanilla twilight
and quiet purple
like an opalescent
arctic fox
the footfalls
like bells
beneath my skin

I found myself in colors
and realized
I always had a home
however haunted
if you want to find me
give me a reason
to want to find you

I am too much
and a lot more
I shrunk myself
to fit inside
the shadowed corners
because my dreams
kept spilling

dim your sun
to match my moon
dance
with your mismatched shoes
down all those
shy roads
that took me
to you
are waiting again

you said
the ocean calmed you
I thought you would want to see it
it’s almost time
to tell you the truth
so I wrote in the sky with flowers
while the rain blurred
sounds,
the confusion
of the passing days
reality
changes to a smile
from the dreamer

~Sarah Mahina Calvello~

No comments:

Post a Comment