Thursday, November 6, 2014

~Grandpa~




~Grandpa~
by Sarah Calvello

you made it look so easy
everyday was amazing and new
like the orbs of fruit
you placed in my hand
curling my fingers around it
the greatest and simplist gift
you could have offered  me
meant the most
the air burnt and swirling

          But you will rise like the Phoenix does
          ya you can kiss my ashes
          You will rise like the Phoenix does
          Leaving dust behind you
          So you can think of what you’ve done
         Whatever you do do it well
        do it well, no hiding
        those were last words to me
        It's like your checking that I'm abiding

        Your last words ring true
        But I don't know how you meant it
        I don't know if you had faith in me
        but from now on they're cemented in my memory
        and I will go on my merry way

        The sunrise always will rise in the morning
       I can go on now
       moving on without hesitation
      arise you army just waiting there
      arise without hesitation  
     remember my words well
     remember what I teach you
     my words will weigh heavy
     I might be here today But I might be here tomorrow
     you made it look so easy



No comments:

Post a Comment