Thursday, April 10, 2014

~Spring poetry forum~

~I've just been published in the City College poetry magazine, Forum, which comes out Spring 2014, but I was just let know about this yesterday, so they may have meant 2015. I have poetry cred at City College.~

Misty Lullaby 

the sky outside my window
was a misty laced lullaby
shadows through the leaves
dark and light
at the same time
everything is wet and hazy
nothing moves
like a dream
like a silent movie
of your own making
this could be good
watching the shadows
silently burn in the dark

I'm at the edge of my emotions
I only said it because it's true
I just want to hold you
and have you tell me I matter
but then I just hold it all inside
my heart feels like a circus
sets my heart in motion

sometimes
too much to take in
but the misty laced lullaby
has me transfixed
has me relaxed
soft like a good memory
like a lily tear

sounds like nothing is there

No comments:

Post a Comment